A pioneer for female attorneys heading their own multi-associate law firms in the San Fernando Valley, Marcia L. Kraft had been in private practice in Woodland Hills and Simi Valley since 1990, representing both plaintiffs and defendants, petitioners and respondents. She was “of counsel” for Kraft Miles, A Law Corporation, Marcia used her wealth of experience to counsel the attorneys of the firm. She understood all aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody, and property issues including complex asset division. She also guided the practice of legal matters involving personal injury and employment law. With her depth of legal experience along with her ability to represent a diverse clientele, Marcia formed a highly effective law firm committed to achieving favorable results, handing over the torch to her daughter Joy, who is now the successive leader of the “matriarchy.”
Marcia was a member of various referral services including the San Fernando Valley Bar Association, the Ventura County Bar Association, and numerous others.
Marcia served as an Arbitrator in the Ventura County Superior Court, a Mediator on Probate and Family Law matters for Los Angeles County Superior Court, and had sat as Judge Pro Tem in both Small Claims and Traffic courts.
In June of 2018, Marcia received an award from the Valley Community Legal Foundation (“VCLF”) of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association for “Exemplary Community Service” related to her outstanding philanthropic contributions to the San Fernando Valley. The VCLF does charitable work providing scholarships and grants to the community. In addition to serving a term as its President, Marcia chaired the development and installation of the Children’s Waiting Rooms at the Van Nuys and San Fernando courthouses.
Marcia earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and her Juris Doctor from Southwestern University in Los Angeles, California.
- Arbitrator – Ventura County Superior Court
- Judge Pro Tem – Los Angeles and Ventura County Superior Courts
- Member – San Fernando Valley Bar Association Attorney Referral Service Advisory Committee
- Minors’ Counsel – Los Angeles Superior Court
- Family Law Mediator – Los Angeles Superior Court
- Member – Bench Bar Committee, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- President – Valley Community Legal Foundation
- Vice President for Fundraising – Valley Community Legal Foundation
- Probate Volunteer Panel – Los Angeles Superior Court
- Treasurer – San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Trustee – San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Chair – Los Angeles County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service Advisory Committee
- Trustee – Los Angeles County Bar Association Foundation