San Fernando Valley Restraining Order Attorneys
Tailored Representation that Meets Your Needs
If you are seeking a restraining order or disputing a restraining order made against you, Kraft Miles, A Law Corporation can help. Our San Fernando Valley restraining order lawyers have a thorough understanding of the laws that govern your situation and have over 60 years of combined experience to put to work for you. For decades, families throughout the region have benefitted from our team of divorce attorneys who are skilled at devising creative and effective legal strategies.
Having an attorney who cares enough to work hard and fight for you makes all the difference. Call Kraft Miles, A Law Corporation today at (818) 462-5076 for highly skilled representation.
How Do I Get a Restraining Order in California?
A Domestic Violence Restraining Order can be filed by anyone involved in an intimate relationship (married, used to date, had intimate relations, lived together—not as roommates, are parents of a child in common) or are related by the second degree (parent-child; grandparent-grandchild; siblings; aunt-nephew, for example).
Under the Domestic Violence Prevention Act, an act of abuse includes:
- Physically attempting to or actually hurting someone else
- Any form of sexual assault
- Threats to hurt someone
- False imprisoning or restraining someone's movements
- Harassing, stalking, impersonating, or disturbing someone's peace
Protection from abuse can include those whom live with you, including pets, getting a kick-out order if you live with the abuser so you can have exclusive use of your dwelling, and getting group phone lines with the abuser separated.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Restraining Order Hearing in San Fernando Valley, CA?
While it is not required to have a lawyer for a restraining order hearing in California, it is highly recommended to seek experienced legal representation, especially if the case is complex or if you have concerns about your safety.
Here are a few reasons why having a restraining order attorney can be beneficial:
- Understanding the Legal Process.
- A lawyer experienced in handling restraining order cases can guide you through the legal process and help you understand your rights and obligations.
- Building a Strong Case.
- A knowledgeable restraining order lawyer in San Fernando Valley can assist you in gathering evidence, preparing documentation, and presenting a compelling argument in court.
- Advocacy and Protection.
- A restraining order lawyer will serve as your advocate during the hearing, presenting your case persuasively and protecting your interests. They can challenge the other party's claims, cross-examine witnesses, and present evidence that supports your position.
- Legal Strategy and Negotiation.
- A lawyer can help develop a legal strategy tailored to your specific situation. They can negotiate with the other party or their attorney to reach a resolution that is favorable to you, potentially avoiding a lengthy and contentious court battle.
Disputing a Restraining Order
If someone has wrongfully filed for a restraining order against you, you have the right to appeal it. Having an attorney on your side during this process can put you in a better position to achieve a favorable outcome. Our team can help you gather evidence and build a strong appeal against the restraining order. Joy Kraft Miles is a family law certified specialist and has years of experience guiding clients through even the most complex matters.
Seek Professional Legal Help Today
Our San Fernando Valley restraining order attorneys at Kraft Miles, A Law Corporation have extensive experience filing and refuting restraining orders. We look forward to hearing your story and discussing your circumstances. Our compassionate family lawyers can evaluate your case and guide you through the legal process. You deserve a team of qualified lawyers on your side, and time is of the essence – so reach out today.
Call us at (818) 462-5076 or contact us online to get started. Our firm is based in Woodland Hills but serves the entire San Fernando Valley.
“Joy was always available, professional, super knowledgeable, and very supportive throughout the entire process.” - Steve L.
“Joy is a knowledgeable attorney and incredibly generous with her time and point of view.” - Anonymous
“Her wisdom, grace, and honesty are second to none.” - Layla
“I am truly grateful to Joy and her team for being thorough, diligent, and respectful to help my children and I through this difficult and challenging time.” - Elizabeth M.
“I knew from the first moment I chatted with them on the phone that Joy and Leslie would be the right legal team for us.” - Former Client
“I can't thank her and her staff enough for the peace of mind they gave me.” - Steven